Sunday, June 17, 2012

To defer or not to defer?

I am currently contemplating deferring my University studies so that I can go to TAFE and study cooking. I'd end up with a Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) and I'd then know how to select, prepare and cook foods for my family. I don't know whether or not this is a good idea but it's something I am thinking about doing. If I did this I would probably still do 1 unit at University next semester because it will be the Creative Writing unit that I have been looking forward to for so long. Has anybody else ever been on one path and then decided to switch to another? If so how did it all work out for you?

Well now that I've got that off my chest, we're picking up some more furniture today. We put a deposit down a couple of weeks ago on a second-hand couch we found on Gumtree but we hadn't been able to pick it up due to the stormy weather. Finally the sun is shining here in Perth so furniture can be organised, washing can be hung out to dry and I can give the kitty litter tray a good scrub. We've also got a friend coming over today to give us a quote on fixing our fence. The dogs are having a ball being able to run amok with each other however the neighbours dog isn't used to cats. This means she spends a good part of the day just staring through our back door and barking incessantly at our cats which is starting to get a little tiring. So, I can't wait for our new fence!

No comments:

Post a Comment