Monday, June 25, 2012

The never-ending mundane pile of housework

I have spent the last few days trying to get the house tidy and more organised... I've washed, hung out, brought in and folded load after load of washing. I've vacuumed, swept, thrown out old newspapers and washed plenty of dishes. I have also changed the sheets on the bed and started to make it in the morning. The difference I feel at night is amazing. I love nothing more than curling up at night in crisp, fresh-smelling sheets and a made bed just looks more comforting and inviting to come home to at night.

I have also been sorting through all of my old baby items that I have been keeping in storage. I am busy scrubbing them down and washing them so that I can list them on Gumtree to sell. It will be nice to have a spare room again instead of the "storage room" it currently is. Just seeing more floor space makes me happy. I am so over mess and clutter. I can't believe I let all the housework pile up for so long! I guess that's what university does to you.. a few other things went SLIP!

Speaking of uni... gosh how I miss studying. :( I am so bored at home now. Even with all the work that has to be done around the house, it does nothing to keep my mind occupied. I am longing to bury my nose deep in textbooks again and sit at the computer for hours on end producing one essay after another. I never thought I would enjoy study this much as when I was in high school I couldn't wait to get out! I am wishing now that I'd chosen to do an intensive unit over the winter break. I'll keep that in mind when summer break comes around. I've noticed that I definitely need to keep my mind occupied or else I spend too much time dwelling on all the things in my life that aren't currently how I want them to be. I have also realised that too much free time makes the OCD and depression more noticeable.

Well that's enough for now. My load of washing has finished and it needs to be hung out. And I should probably get on with more cleaning. Not to mention spend some time looking for work. There isn't much out there at the moment which is a pity as we could really do with a little bit of extra income. Has anybody else noticed how scarce jobs are at the moment? Is the economic downturn affecting anybody else? I look forward to hearing from you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment