Monday, July 9, 2012

Things can only get better...

Things are starting to run a bit more smoothly around here. Maybe my star sign was right when it said my life was getting better and better. I am excited but nervous about Thursday - I'm petrified of doing the tests but I know that once they're over, I will once and for all know what's been going on with my health. Stressing about my health over the years has caused me a lot of worry and prevented me from doing a lot of things, so as much as I don't want to receive a vague diagnosis of IBS, it will certainly be a lot better than being diagnosed with something more sinister.

I also got in an argument with Jesse's father over the weekend but it turned out to be a productive one. I tested the boundaries to see if he would still let me move over East with Jesse. Unfortunately he's changed his mind and is no longer letting me move so as dissapointing as that is to hear at least I have some closure there. I was still hanging onto the hope that I could move but now I know I have a few more years yet here in Perth so I can finally start making my house into a home and concentrating on finishing my degree. I also now know that I will have to fight that little bit harder for Jesse in mediation and possibly court but eventually he will be old enough to decide where he wants to live for himself and then finally I may be free to live where I want to live. In the meantime I'll take each day as it comes.

Now that I know I'll be here for a few more years at least, I am going to put some grand plans into action. My brain is overflowing with ideas for the house and garden and I can't wait to start working on them. I'm going to fence the front yard off and that will become Jesse's play area. It will have a trampoline and a slide, (possibly a cubby house), a built in race track for his little toy cars and a few veggie patches. This will also be the yard the cats play in. Then out the back I'm going to put in a hillshoist, finish the paving, lay new turf, buy myself a chook house and a few chickens, plant fruit trees, passionfruit vines and maybe include a raised garden bed or two. I may also check with a builder about extending the bathroom out a bit so I can finally have a laundry or maybe creating a lean-to out the back so I can do all of my washing there. The back yard will also be where the dog plays. Then inside I'm going to finish tidying up the house and selling all my unwanted stuff on Gumtree, paint and reorganise Jesse's room as well as put shelves in for all of his books, rearrange our bedroom to include more storage and then get onto Dave about finishing the major renovations (redo bathroom, install splashback, kick-boards and exhaust fan in the kitchen, finish the skirts and perhaps put in a sliding door to out the back).

I have also applied for another job at the local supermarket. It's 10 hours a week and I am hoping I get it. It will do wonders for our budget and it will make me feel worthwhile to be earning my own money once again. I have done a huge overhaul of our budget and despite being on a tight income we are doing really well. I'm so proud of my money saving efforts. If I get a job and we stick to my savings plan then in about 3 years time we should have approximately $40,000 saved for a house deposit. Which means Dave and I can finally buy and own a house together. I am aware though that sometimes life gets in the way so I won't be too hard on myself if we fall a little short. I will post up a detailed overview of our budget soon which will hopefully help others to get on the budgeting bandwagon.

Well that's all for now. Hopefully I will post again soon. I'll most likely be glued to the loo on Wednesday; and Thursday I'll be in hospital but I will keep you updated on how everything goes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment